Apparently it’s a thing to crochet sweaters for turtles
So I accidentally discovered this picture while i was looking for cute things to crochet and THERE ARE ENTIRE BLOGS DEDICATED TO TURTLE COZIES.
THEY LOOK SO CUTE THEY HAVE NORMAL ONES
THEY HAVE ONES THAT LOOK LIKE FUCKING BOWSER
THEY HAVE ONES SHAPED LIKE ANIMALS
THEY HAVE ENTIRE BLOGS DEDICATED TO MAKING YOUR TURTLES LOOK LIKE FOOD
THE PUMPKIN IS SO CUTE BUT THIS GEM IS MY PERSONAL FAVORITE:
BUT HOW DO YOU CHOOSE A FAVORITE WHEN THEY’RE ALL SO CUTE
- One of the first women to start her own independent production company.
- Earned her way to stardom without sleeping with executives for roles.
- Refused to date people for publicity just because 20th Century Fox wanted her to.
- Left 20th Century Fox because she refused to let them get away with treating her badly and paying her a tiny wage, just because of her “dumb blonde” image.
- Was only paid a fraction of her co-star’s wage even though she was the star of the movies and the biggest box office pull, but still went ahead with the movies because she was so passionate about acting.
- Studied method acting at the Actors Studio with Lee Strasberg, who said that she was one of his best students along with Marlon Brando.
- Had a personal library of over 500 books and rarely read fiction - she was desperate to learn and educate herself.
- Was sexually abused as a child but then went on to encourage the sexual liberation of women in the 1950s.
- One of the first people to speak openly about sexual abuse.
- One of the first people to openly support gay rights.
- Supported many charities such as the Milk Fund, March of Dimes, Arthritis and Rheumatism foundation.
- Donated her time and money to these charities.
- Visited orphanages and hospitals on her own time to surprise the people there.
- Married one of the greatest literary minds of the 20th century
- Suffered two miscarriages and one ectopic pregnancy and still put on a brave face for her fans.
Sorry, did you say she wasn’t a role model?
marilyn is my biggest role model so don’t even go there
and let’s not forget this
Ella Fitzgerald was not allowed to play at the popular Mocambo, in Hollywood, because of her race. Marilyn, who loved her music and supported civil rights, called the owner of the Mocambo and told him that if he booked Ella immediately, she would take a front table every night. The owner said yes, and Marilyn was there, front table, every night. After that, Ella never had to play in a small jazz club again.
"She was an unusual woman – a little ahead of her times. And she didn’t know it." - Ella Fitzgerald about Marilyn Monroe
OH SHIT YOU JUST GOT SERVED
I got goosebumps reading this. Amazing.
im pretty sure the person made the picture as a joke just to get a reaction and you guys really supplied them with one hell of one omg bless it
FINALLY SOMEONE STANDING UP FOR HER. I’m beyond sick and tired of people talking shit about her and not getting the facts.
I swear at least five of my two friends don’t like me
i think im in like like with you
why do all the grunge blogs use these
☠ ✡ ✌ ✞ ☥ ☪ ☯ ❀ ☺
are they like medals to show how much you’ve grunged
soft grunge gym badges
so i cleared my throat today and
and then someone poked me in the side so I laughed
and THEN I FUCKING SNEEZED
and that’s what it’s like being on the second day of your period
i hope this has been educational
This is so accurate it hurts my soul.
I have never seen something so accurate before
The male side of tumblr must be so traumatized right now
MULTIPLE people I am following are asking what these are, why we call them holy when only one has a hole. If they are made by the same company, and what is with us praising these.
I weep for you people, from other countries. WEEP.
Aussies may have Tim Tams.
EU may have Kinder and All sorts of fantastic biscuits.
USA? Has GIRL SCOUT COOKIES.
Not only are these things SINFULLY good, they are only sold for a bit over 1 month of the year, depending on region, that month of the year changes.
That middle one is Chocolate, Caramel Coconut. The left one is Peanut Butter, chocolate and sex on a stick aka crumbly cookie/biscuit.
You can eat em straight from the box, but pros? Pros eat these bad boys frozen.
And thin mints, man. that right one? THIN MINTS. You may have heard of these. Chocolate biscuit infused with mint essence coated in dark chocolate.
Those thin mints.
The Thin Mints for which every grown ass American on a Medical Diet cries for when they see a girlscout.
The Thin Mints with 1000 copycats, and not a one of them successful.
Girl Scouts, regularly boycotted by Fundies and Anti-choice nutters, not only taste amazing, but you get the joy of giving money to a good cause, while subtly flipping the bird at overly wound up fundie groups.
It’s like donating to Planned Parenthood and getting a box of double dark chocolate with fudge filling tim-tams especially made for them.
The reason we eat them frozen is that we buy as many boxes of thin mints as we possibly can during that short sale period, and then store them for the dark months, like proud American squirrels.
PROUD AMERICAN SQUIRRELS.
AMERICAN SQUIRRELS REPRESENT
This is the greatest explanation of Girl Scout cookies I’ve ever seen
As a lifelong Girl Scout I fully approve of this post.